Friday, May 1, 2009

Hold The Thought

Hold the thought
You won’t live beyond.
Surface granules
Linger over the duels
And I callously hold it
The thought I mean;
It licks my exposure
I boldly come clean…

Have I lost you yet?
Haven’t I lost you yet?
Innocence converses
With all my differences.
I’m cracking sideways
I can see the ocean
Its blue tints my face
And bubbles choke my jargons…

I fall backwards
The other half of me…
And I can smell
The earth defending
My touch, my skin
So effervescently…
The hue of the open flesh
Kills the mahogany…
So I revert to my stand…
Swaying viscerally…
And nothing makes noise
Nothing takes the breeze…
But I stand nonetheless…
This half of me
I stand looking ahead…
Where you left me…

All in a second…
The phone says ‘no answer’,
Only fifteen rings…
And I trip over.
The thought is splayed
And you disappear…across the floor…

1 comment:

Calypso said...

...and I bow down before thee!!!