Saturday, October 23, 2010

My bad Memory

I miss walking with clouds busily crossing the moon,
Stumbling and awakening a little pebble
With my little left foot.
Scooping it up and petting it,
Lulling it back to sleep...
And pocketing it,
Praying Ma will miss it among other things...
Knowing little how she would miss it more than me....
Then there were the other times I would wake up on a birthday,
Ready to see sunshine..even through rain...
And close my eyes, letting it all happen all too soon...
Day after, I would wish
It was yesterday once again---
My birthday with the sweet plastic smell of balloons...
Remembering with a shock at some neighbouring kid's birthday alone...
I miss taking home and taking to bed
My new pair of shoes
Cuddling and falling asleep
Dreaming black and red
It would be a love-hate thing
I would have loathed and cried over it
Earlier that day in the middle of chuckling adults...
But come the end of the day,
It would be my new ugly pair of shoes
Whom I would love and marry anyways.
A perfect ending for a yet to begin Me....
No,a stab of nostalgia over a spilled cup of tea...
Praying everyone will miss it among other things...

No comments: