Friday, August 5, 2011

Then When

When the narcotic dew does subside,
Will you be waiting for me behind
The stable, near the elm,
Under the yellow, lucid rain,
Upon the ground, covered in hay...
Our roof, so I fall
Upwards...
And plummet towards a holy dead end?

Let the light of the day
Burn a hole through me now...
Let me hear your laughter wane.




A dream...a dream let you be,
So I can sleep dreamlessly
And wake up to the everyday humdrum
Of never knowing you
In this onerous life...or after...

Let the light compel you to me,
Propel you to the end of this anomaly
You were never there, it was just a dream...

I pray...a prayer...
For you to disappear
So I can revel in the crushed paper-planes
And the melon tambourines,
Toothpaste sandwiches,---no,don't taste!
No,I was here alone...

In the once-upon-a-dream,
When I was a would-be...
A golden ribbon of narcotic dream
And everyday dew...
Before I knew...
You.

Then when?
Again.
After you found me...
And then...

No comments: