Sunday, January 11, 2009

Frozen Nib

The keel of these pages glares aghast
Across the seas of burning glass,
I have never strayed this far ashore,
Burning waves swollen thus galore.

Burn my trinkets of thee power,
Rejoice in the undying flavors-
Bliss, mercy, cowardice and praise
Bestow upon this disgrace.
Bestow upon my emblem…
To burn and to blaze…

Punish me, punish my will;
These stoned eyes have long lived.
When will I ever sober down?
When will this wrist begin to pound?

My frozen nib,
Will you ever forgive
My desertion today?
Will you sacrifice
More of your scarlet ink
To allay my old chains…?

The sweetest call of a cuckoo recoils
As it leaves no grace in my voice.
Why the evening bell of the ferry brings
To my memory this lilting ring?
No sound on earth seems to deem
More destined for only me…

I hope to be the only one to hear,
To own the secret of the boat.
Solitude stands between me and the river,
In the woods of the half road.

And I am also the only one to know of
The reason I came with you along…
The only one shall vanish into the river
With all you ever gave her.

My frozen nib…
Will you ever forgive…
For deserting you so anonymously?
Will you burn if I asked you
To do it alone for me?


Frozen nib
How do you forgive?
Every single day, I ask of you… this?

Burn.Burn.BURN.

No comments: